Clayton Valley Charter High School

Skip to main content
Enrollment » Home


Welcome to CVCHS!  CVCHS is a free public school.  As such, admission to Clayton Valley Charter High School is governed by the California Education Code, and, by law, all students in California are entitled to attend a charter school. No student is required to attend CVCHS, however, and enrollment should be an informed, carefully considered decision. 


CVCHS  does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance or any other characteristic described in Education Code section 220. CVCHS is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices and in all other operations. 


Our Open Enrollment Period starts every November and ends on the last Wednesday in January of the following year.  All students who wish to attend CVCHS, including feeder pattern middle school students, and students with siblings attending CVCHS, must complete the Open Enrollment Application on line by the deadline.  


If there are more applications than school capacity, enrollment, except for pupils currently enrolled in the program, shall be determined by public random drawing ("PRD"). Preference in the PRD will be given in the following order:


a.  Students who reside in the former attendance area of CVHS, defined by law as both the local neighborhood and those geographic neighborhoods that are now sending and have traditionally sent students to CVHS.

b.  Siblings of existing CVCHS students.

c.  Children/dependents of CVCHS employees.

d.  Students who reside in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District.

e.  All other students residing in the State of California.


Leaving CVCHS:

If your child will be leaving CVCHS, please contact the Registrar the day before your student's last day.  A drop form will be given to the student to take to the Library and the Treasurer's Office for signatures.  Once text books are returned and fines, if any, are paid the student will be given documents to take to their new school.

How to Order Alumni Transcripts and/or Graduation Verifications:


If you graduated in 2012 or prior, please contact MDUSD located at 1936 Carlotta Dr, Concord, CA 94519 or call (925) 682-8000 (student records) or visit their website at


How to Order Official Transcripts for Current Students:

E-mail the Registrar or stop by the Office between between 7:30 and 4:00. If the student is 18 or older, and someone other than the student is picking up the transcript, the student has to provide the name of the person who will be picking up the transcript and written permission to do so.  Please provide a photo ID at time of pick-up.

If you would like the official transcript mailed to a college, please provide a stamped envelope addressed to the desired college.



Questions?  Call our registrar Helen Bendoyro at (925) 682-7474 x 3109, email: