Questions about the CVCHS Continuing Education process, please contact:
Ashanti Smith (Human Resources Specialist-Recruiting)
Continuing Education/Salary Placement Units
Updates on your current Continuing Education/Salary Schedule Placement Units can be found in Helios. Employees are encouraged to check Helios before contacting Human Resources.
Continuing Education (Certificated)
Continuing Education Guidelines (from CVCHS/CVEA Bargaining Agreement)
Continuing Education/Salary Placement Units Updates
Updates on your current Continuing Education/Salary Schedule Placement Units can be found in Helios. Employees are encouraged to check the information regularly to ensure accuracy.
Continuing Education Approval Protocol
1. Complete a Continuing Education Approval Form & submit to principal for approval
2. Submit completed Continuing Education Approval Form to Human Resources via email to HR@claytonvalley.org
3. Human Resources will review your proposal for approval/denial (Approval forms received after the course/workshop has begun will not be approved).
4. Enroll in desired course/workshop after receiving final approval from Human Resources
5. Upon completion of course/workshop, send sealed (Official) transcripts to Human Resources via mail or email to HR@claytonvalley.org
(Per our Collective Bargaining Agreement, official transcripts must be received by Human Resources no later than October 31st in order to count towards salary schedule placement for the current school year.)
Professional Growth (Classified)
Article 25-Collective Bargaining Agreement (2016-19)
Conferences & Workshops
Funds are available for teachers to be reimbursed for professional development opportunities outside of those provided by CVCHS. Teachers should follow the guidelines below before registering to attend a conference/workshop.
Conference/Workshop Approval Protocol:
- Obtain prior approval by submitting a Conference Request Form
- Submit a completed Authorization for Absence Form
- Submit your upcoming absence on AESOP
- Save all receipts for expenditures for which you expect to be reimbursed
(registration, airfare, hotel, meals)
- Fill out Conference Expense Form, attach original receipts and submit to Fiscal