WHAT IS EAGLEi?
EAGLEi is a program at Clayton Valley Charter High School designed to serve a growing need in our community. The program provides students with a robust independent learning curriculum, along with the opportunity to engage in our award-winning extracurricular activities including Sports Teams, Bands, Clubs, and so much more.
- Students receive personalized, one-on-one attention, and individualized plans tailored to their learning.
- Students have flexibility during their school day.
- Teachers hold appropriate California credentials.
- The academic program can be accelerated or slowed to best support your student's needs.
- Students meet with their advisor on a weekly basis for individual support.
- Courses are offered in all core disciplines such as Math, English, Science, and Social Science.
- Students can engage in all CVCHS extracurricular and athletic activities.
- Graduating students receive a full Clayton Valley Charter High School diploma including the opportunity to attend graduation ceremonies.
WHY CHOOSE EAGLEi?
EAGLEi is an independent learning program that gives students an alternative setting with flexible learning time and/or attendance. This program is designed for:
- Home school students
- Students working in non-traditional industries (theatre, film, music, etc.)
- Families who travel extensively
- Athletes on a professional track
- Students who struggle with the traditional classroom setting
- Students with chronic health conditions
If the flexibility to access courses during non-traditional school hours and/or if completing courses before a semester ends is a priority, then this program may suit your student's needs. If they are motivated, the possibility of graduating early is within reach.
Students enrolled in the EAGLEi program will have access to CVCHS's award-winning extracurricular activities including Clubs, Bands, Choirs, Sports Teams, and more. Your child will thrive in this small school environment with more control over their academic pursuits and pacing. AP and Honors courses are available as well.
Have more questions? Read through our FAQs or send an email to Margie DiGiorgio, Director of Independent Study & Interventions.
- If we apply for the EAGLEi, will my child remain on the waitlist should there be potential openings?
- If accepted to the EAGLEi does a student have the option to attend school on campus, should space open up during the year?
- Will there be an option to do some classes on campus whether it’s an elective or a core class, for instance taking an art class or PE on campus?
- Will credit be given for classes outside of CVCHS such as an online Los Medanos College class?
- Is there a reimbursement allowance for outside credits?
- Will there be an option for off-campus sports such as club soccer to count as PE credits?
- Will students have access to attain ample support from teachers of each class/course and can EAGLEi students meet with them in addition to the teacher who will be assigning work?
- Who will schoolwork be evaluated by?
- Will EAGLEi students have access to the same resource material/textbook as in-person students?
SPORTS FOR ALL
Your student will have access to our championship-level sports teams and intramurals available for all grade levels.
Participate at on-campus events such as the Career Fair, Choir, Band, Drama, College Signing Day, Homecoming, and more.