CVCHS recognizes that technology can be a powerful learning tool and an excellent way for students, parents, and teachers to stay connected, enhance our students' instruction, and provide a 21st Century education. Our IT/technology department offers all the necessary support and maintenance to keep our district's technology infrastructure working efficiently.
If you have technology-related questions, we welcome you to contact one of our specialists and allow us to assist you.
Use of School Technology
CVCHS provides current technology to support student research and education and to encourage efficient communication between staff and families. We define ‘appropriate use’ as the use of technology and Internet resources to enhance curriculum and instruction. While we actively monitor Internet traffic and use specialized software to filter and block access to non-educational websites, we expect students and staff to act responsibly in using the provided technologies by protecting our network and the rights of others. We encourage parents to actively monitor their student’s academic progress by maintaining an open line of communication with their child(ren)’s teachers.
Tech May Not be Used for:
- Any illegal, commercial, or for-profit activities
- Non-work/non-school related work
- Advertisements or political lobbying
- Personal e-mail, message forums, chat rooms, texting
- Unauthorized installation/modification of software/files
- Distribution/reproduction of copyrighted materials
- Access to obscene or pornographic material
- Inappropriate language or profanity
- Transmission of offensive material
- Identity theft or impersonation
- Disruption of other users’ work